Carlsbad, CA — October 19, 2011 EPM Live, a global leader in Enterprise SharePoint Project, Portfolio and Work Management applications, announced at SharePoint Conference 2011 the launch of its WorkEngine Fall release.. Building on its award winning foundation aligned with project and work execution, WorkEngine has extended its core capabilities to include an array of features that will enhance the end-user experience. WorkEngine supports end-to-end Enterprise Project and Work Management disciplines throughout the entire life cycle of projects as well as non-project work and is known for its ease of use and flexibility resulting in the following benefits:
1. Guaranteed Usability- WorkEngine is built on the SharePoint Platform, making it intuitive, flexible and familiar
2. One Size Fits All- WorkEngine contains tools for every user regardless of maturity, work focus and preferred methodology. One system is all you need for all users, all work, all processes
3. No Deployment Limitations- WorkEngine is tailored for the user, which means it can be served up online, on-premise, hosted, or even in a dedicated environment
4. Instant Results- WorkEngine is built from best practice work solutions giving you out-of-box templates to instantly begin managing projects, products, applications and services
“This release extends our commitment to maximize ROI for businesses who own Microsoft SharePoint by adding a comprehensive end-to-end Enterprise Project and Work Management Solution to their platform. For those who don’t own SharePoint, our online WorkEngine environment allows teams to get up and running now and begin realizing the benefits of Enterprise Project and Work Management immediately without the need for costly deployment cycles. It’s a win-win for everyone involved,” says Joe Larscheid, CEO of EPM Live.
EPM Live recently wrapped up its WorkEngine beta program and received raving reviews from the participants. “The WorkEngine system is reliable and robust enough for the largest organizations, and on the other hand, it empowers smaller ones to work with more basic features without getting burdened with complex and overkill management workflow, management and other elements of that nature. So whether you’re the Basecamp type, the Attask type or the Microsoft Project type, WorkEngine Live has a solution for every type of customer.” said Web-based Software.
Here are some of the cool new features in WorkEngine’s Fall Release:
• “My Work” Additions- Add comments, check off work with one click, and create personal views to help simplify managing work
• All New Project Planner- Access other critical list items such as risks, issues and documents directly from the online schedule. Leverage powerful Gantt controls to easily update and edit schedules and build the team directly from the default task view
• Getting Started Tab- Leverage the slide out “getting started” tab that allows users to watch videos relevant to the page they are on. These help guides can be customized to include pertinent training information for work teams
• Add Comments to Any Work Item- Now users can add comments on any work item including tasks, documents and issues
• New “Create Project” Process- Create templates with ease or select from EPM Live’s online gallery. Leverage pre-built workspace templates to make creating projects easy and to standardize the project creation process
• Create “New Item” Feature- Easily create new items from one centralized location streamlining content creation and collaboration
• Common Actions Feature- Administrators or managers can now populate the Common Actions dropdown with content that is specific to their processes
• New “My Workspaces” Component- The “My Workspaces” navigation component is always with the user no matter what page in the site they’re on. With two clicks, users can navigate to any site in the Site Collection, both horizontally and vertically
• Email Notifications- Improving team communication was a big focus of this release. Now email notifications can be turned on for any list
• “My Work” List Automation- Now, with the check of a box, users can automatically add the fields necessary to roll up any list into the “my work” list so users can view workload across all project and work initiatives
• Smart “Edit Plan” Functionality- Multiple buttons for the various planning tools have now been replaced by one simple “Edit Plan” button. Administrators and managers can set which planners are available. This feature will greatly simplify the way users interact with their planning tools. Users now have the option to set a default planning tool which is automatically launched when clicking the “Edit Plan” button
• Build Team Access- Now users can access the build team feature from multiple locations in their sites. Users can build their team from their resource pool and will no longer see the entire list of users when they are not relevant
EPM Live will continue to provide cutting-edge, cost effective project and work management solutions leveraging the Microsoft technologies organizations already own to increase the value of their current IT investments. EPM Live’s applications support the entire work and project management lifecycle and provide the necessary efficiencies and indicators for companies to improve their ROI, streamline their business processes and make critical business decisions. EPM Live offers its clients solutions that possess the flexibility and scalability to meet specific industry and methodology needs. These innovative solutions include capabilities such as Portfolio Management, Project Management, Cost Management, Time Management, Resource Management, Service Management, Agile Management, Business Intelligence and Collaboration. These capabilities are all designed to work together or separately to meet any business specific need.