Carlsbad, CA, USA – September 27, 2012 EPM Live, the leading PPM Work Management platform that revolutionizes the way organizations manage projects and work, announced today that Kames Capital, an integral part of the AEGON NV group, one of the largest financial services groups in the world, has selected EPM Live’s PPM and Work Management software for advanced Resource Management capabilities that will improve productivity and maximize efficiency. Click here to download the full case study.
EPM Live was leveraged to address the following needs for Kames Capital:
- Automate manual processes to assign resources to major IT, operations and integration projects
- Global visibility across resource supply and demand
- Process automation was needed to save time and improve data accuracy
- Workflow was needed to request qualified resources and assign matching skillsets
- Centralize projects and correlating data to prevent time intensive meetings and manual updates
Kames Capital identified the need to improve resource management efficiencies through automation. Prior to implementing EPM Live, Kames resource managers met weekly to review all incoming resource requirements and align supply with demand. This process was handled through an excel spreadsheet that covered three main areas:
- Project Detail – a universal look into all projects, the resources assigned and the resources still required to execute the project successfully
- Staff Detail– resource details including resource names, projects assigned, skill set, hours committed and available hours
- Program Summary– program information including description, program type, and overall supply and demand for each program
A fourth area was identified as overall “supply and demand” but would be outside of scope for phase I of implementation. Kames wanted to automate this weekly process to relieve resource managers from full‐time allocation against this manual effort. The following EPM Live capabilities were leveraged to automate Kame’s resource management processes and bring efficiency and maximum resource allocation across the organization:
- Resource Capacity Plan ‐ Giving resource managers an organized, process defined and standardized method of planning out their resources work led to global visibility of resource demand. Resource managers could identify how much work was in the pipeline and the resources needed to successfully execute on this work.
- Resource Negotiations ‐ Kames’ project managers could request resources in a centralized location including resource requirements such as skill set, role, department, etc. Resource managers would then receive the request and assign the appropriate resource that matched not only the demand and availability needed, but also the skill sets required to ensure the right resources were assigned to the right work at the right time. Visualizing the project and program priority helped resource managers evaluate which projects required resources and in what order they should be assigned, especially if resources were constrained or supply was low.
- Customized Resource Reports ‐ EPM Live’s tool flexibility allowed Kames to map their current processes and reports to the tool making it easy for Kames to deem the implementation a success. The first phase of the project was to automate the processes and reports already in place which would in return maximize adoption and improve productivity. Leveraging the same resources, Kames was able to do more with less.
- Project Portfolio Management ‐ Kames was able to consolidate all work and project data into one system, providing a cost saving foundation that would allow them to reduce the need for additional system expertise that may be required with a traditional ERP solution. Kames was able to reduce the need for multiple system maintenance, and reduce the amount that would need to be spent on excessive training commonly required to rollout a new ERP endeavor. EPM Live would allow Kames to gain portfolio visibility into all projects as well as plan and assign resources for overall resource management capabilities.
To get more information on EPM Live’s award winning technology:
- Visit our Website
- Attend an Upcoming or On Demand Webinar (PDUs available)
- Access a Free Trial
- Read the EPM Live Blog
- Download our free Enterprise PPM Buyer’s Guide
About EPM Live
EPM Live is the leading PPM work management platform that revolutionizes the way organizations manage projects and work. EPM Live’s platform is the first build to order platform that extends project portfolio management (PPM) to all areas of the business regardless of work focus. Small to large organizations can apply cost saving disciplines such as delivering projects successfully, optimizing resource utilization, and selecting the right work to all business teams including new product development, IT, services, operations, sales and project management.