|Press Release – October 29, 2013|
Upland Software Announces Third Quarter 2013 Highlights
Largest cloud provider of enterprise project, portfolio, and work management software maintains strong momentum across all applications
Austin, TX — October 29, 2013 — Upland Software, the world’s largest cloud provider of enterprise software for project, portfolio, and work management, today announced highlights for the quarter ended September 30, 2013.
More than 50 new customers selected Upland products during the quarter to meet a broad range of project and work management needs. Sales were strong and balanced across the Upland product family. Key client wins during the quarter included leading organizations such as:
• Gordon Food Service – GFS, North America’s largest family-owned broadline foodservice distributor, will use Upland within its PMO to manage projects across the organization.
• J D Williams & Company Limited – J D Williams, the UK’s leading direct home shopping company with over 2 million customers and 4,000 employees, selected Upland to support its Business Programme Management Office and to replace its current IT Portfolio and Project Management system.
• Paradysz/PM Digital – Among the most influential digital agencies in New York, Paradysz/PM Digital will leverage Upland’s Professional Services Automation (PSA) solution to gain greater visibility into projects and resources across their quickly expanding businesses.
• TODO1 Services – One of the leading consulting firms servicing South America, TODO1 Services will leverage Upland for project management integrated with their Salesforce.com and QuickBooks™ back office systems, replacing an on-premise project and portfolio management (PPM) application.
• Toyota Material Handling Europe – Toyota Material Handling Europe, which has over 4,500 service technicians active in more than 30 countries across Europe, will use Upland for project management and collaboration.
Upland also continued to achieve strong renewal rates among its cloud subscription clients, and during the quarter closed significant expansion business with existing customers, including Air Products, BE Aerospace, British Sugar, HAVI Global Solutions, Medtronic, Pepsi, and US Department of the Treasury.
“We continue to see strong demand across all of our products, based on each application’s ability to deliver tangible business value to clients,” stated Jack McDonald, Chairman and CEO of Upland Software. “Our unique strategy of providing a family of best-of-breed tools that each address specific challenges in managing work across the modern enterprise is resonating with our clients and the broader market.”
Among the other key accomplishments achieved by Upland in Q3 were:
• EPM Live, the leading cloud project management and collaboration platform based on Microsoft™ SharePoint, was named a winner of the Best of SaaS Showplace (BoSS) Award, a program that promotes the measurable business benefits delivered by today’s Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions.
• FileBound, Upland’s application for cloud-based document and workflow management, added six new partners to its channel program, including Imaging Solutions and Services Inc. (ISSI), a nationwide system integrator and outsourcing provider of document imaging business process improvement technologies, and Anacomp, a leading business process solutions company.
• With a quarter remaining, PowerSteering, Upland’s cloud application for top-down program and portfolio management, surpassed its previous record for new clients acquired in a single year.
• Tenrox, the leading workflow-driven cloud solution for professional services automation (PSA) and time tracking, achieved ISO 27001 and European Union and Swiss Safe Harbor certifications, validating its emphasis on providing maximum protection of customer’s business critical information. Upland also launched an updated website and brand image for Tenrox.
“The scale and synergies of being the largest cloud vendor in the project, portfolio, and work management market have allowed Upland to accelerate the delivery of product innovation and customer success programs compared to what any of our products was able to achieve as a stand-alone organization,” observed Ludwig Melik, President of Upland Software. “Beyond our impressive third quarter achievements, we have already released new versions of FileBound, PowerSteering, and Tenrox in the first part of Q4, are about to launch a new version of EPM Live, and will unveil major new initiatives related to our product vision and customer success focus at our user conference in November.”
Upland’s user conference, Impact 2013, will be held in San Diego at the Hotel Del Coronado from November 6-8. Featuring a keynote session by Ray Wang, CEO of Constellation Research, on the future of work and supported by Platinum sponsors Fujitsu and Epson, Gold sponsor ABBYY, and Welcome Dinner sponsor ProjectManagement.com, the event will bring together approximately 200 users and partners from across Upland’s family of products. For more information, visit http://www.uplandsoftware.com/user-conference.
About Upland Software
Upland is the world’s largest cloud provider of enterprise software for project, portfolio and work management. Upland is the only cloud software provider that offers a comprehensive family of applications that enable organizations to align their goals, projects and programs, optimize their resource utilization and workflows, and empower teams to collaborate and work effectively. From strategic planning to work execution, Upland drives business results for more than 1,200 enterprise clients with 300,000 active users in 50 plus countries. Visit www.uplandsoftware.com for more information.
# # #
For additional information: