One of the biggest challenges with an Enterprise Project Portfolio Management (PPM) solution is getting all users to actually use the tool. The data that comes out of the PPM tool is only as good as the information going in. That being said, a critical success factor for implementing a PPM tool is high user adoption. So how do you ensure that all users use the tool, and even better, WANT to use it? You provide the tools needed to ensure users can work in the format most familiar to them.
EPM Live has been implementing PPM systems since 1999. Because our solutions are built with usability in mind, removing adoption barriers is a requirement that has been the basis for many new features over the years. Email applications are one of the most commonly used systems in organizations today which means that users are familiar with their email toolset. In addition to many other integrations EPM Live offers to help users collaborate more effectively, EPM Live offers an Outlook integration that synchronizes all EPM Live work items with your Outlook task list.
With EPM Live, work is always consolidated in one central location (“My Work”) within Microsoft SharePoint. EPM Live’s Outlook Publisher allows Microsoft Outlook users to easily connect to projects, tasks issues and other work items in EPM Live to collaborate in the way most familiar to them.
- Synch with EPM Live: Outlook synchronizes with your “My Work” view from EPM Live automatically and in real time
- Set automatic synchronization schedules with EPM Live sites or manually synchronize “My Work” from EPM Live at any time
- Easily automatically connect to EPM Live when creating new Outlook task folders
- “My Work” items are automatically removed from your Outlook task folders when any related EPM Live connections are removed for easy self clean-up
- Changes to your “My Work” items are stored and automatically synchronized later if network connectivity is unavailable at the time you save the task, issue, risk, change, backlog, or custom work item for offline support needs
- Easily manage all tasks in your Outlook task folders. Switch views via the ribbon to only see your EPM Live “My Work” items, your Outlook native tasks, or both types of tasks in one consolidated view
- Make changes to your work items directly in Outlook and changes are automatically synched back to EPM Live
The EPM Live Outlook Publisher works with both Microsoft Outlook 2007 and 2010. We offer both 32- and 64-bit versions for Outlook 2010. Sign up for EPM Live today!