- FairPoint Communications, Inc. is headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, and operates communication services in 31 markets in 17 states.
- FairPoint had very comprehensive Microsoft Project schedules for cell tower construction and needed a better way to track, update, share schedules and important project information.
- With multiple projects occurring at the same time, FairPoint needed a more efficient way to publish its complicated schedules.
- Project Managers needed to be able to track the various projects and update the schedules in an adept way.
- FairPoint leveraged EPM Live to synch their schedules with Microsoft Project and SharePoint Task Center.
- EPM Live also provided custom reporting which FairPoint uses to report to the state regulatory agencies on overall construction progress.
- FairPoint also used the resource management functionality to help analyze its capacity for taking on new customer projects.
EPM Live enabled FairPoint to avoid major regulatory penalties in 2010, and was a factor in increasing the crew efficiency of its union field staff.