Vectron International Rapidly Develops Business-centric Views of Projects
“EPM Live was a great choice for us. We’ve been able to bring project teams together from across the globe and improve collaboration. Our executives love the ease it has provided to roll up multiple projects at a glance, and the seamless data integration with our other business systems.”
-Dave Chandler, Product Manager
- Vectron International is a world leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of Frequency Control, Sensor, and Hybrid Product solutions using the very latest techniques in both bulk acoustic wave (BAW) and surface acoustic wave (SAW) based designs from DC to microwave frequencies.
- It needed to deploy a Project Portfolio Management System (PPM) to address its business challenges but wanted to avoid too much complexity for its employees.
- Vectron International needed to more effectively balance the need for new product development with customer-specific custom orders and needed a way to understand and model the entire project portfolio with specific focus on product development road-map projects to ensure that adequate resources continued to be focused on future product development.
- In addition to developing and tracking the portfolio of projects in the pipeline, Vectron also needed a way to account for production support activities, resource allocations across the portfolio, and actual work accrued against projects across three business lines and four development sites in the US and Europe.
- Most PM Providers offer more than one PPM solution. A PM Provider’s ability to partner with Vectron to select the ‘right-fit’ PPM solution was a critical step to ensure system acceptance and data integrity. Vectron selected EPM Livefor its ideal mix of functionality and ease-of use for the organization.
- With EPM Live, Vectron rapidly developed business-centric views of their project portfolio with dynamic, real-time reporting including resource utilization and capacity analytics.
- By using EPM Live, Vectron implemented great project scheduling techniques, product development process adherence, enhanced collaboration and communications, and time reporting. All essential elements for driving improved performance, accountability, and resource capacity optimization.
With EPM Live, Vectron International rapidly developed business-centric views of its project portfolio with dynamic, real-time reporting including resource utilization and capacity analytics. Now, Vectron is able to effectively monitor and control project resources and direct key staff efforts to strategic roadmap projects without compromising existing customer project support.